London City Electricians
Terms and conditions
Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 0208 061 1234.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the services and goods advertised in our website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement by you (the Customer or you).
- We are London City Electricians T/A Vic Electrics Ltd whose trading name is Vic Electrics Ltd a company registered in England and Wales under number 9533788 whose registered office is at level 3, 207 Regent Street, London, W1B 3HH with email address email@example.com; telephone number 0208 061 1234; (the Supplier or us or we).
- These are the terms on which we sell all Services to you. By ordering any of the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
- Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Services;
- Delivery Location means the Supplier’s premises or other location where the Services are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
- Goods means any goods that we supply to you with the Services, of the number and description as set out in the Order;
- Order means the Customer’s order for the Services from the Supplier as set out overleaf;
- Services means the services, including any Goods, of the number and description set out in the Order.
- The description of the Services and any Goods is as set out in our website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement.
- In the case of Services and any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
- All Services are subject to availability.
- During our work great care will be taken for wallpaper /cosmetics work to the walls and ceilings but we are not responsible for work to this after the installation of electrical cables and fittings.
- We can make changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
- You must co-operate with us in all matters relating to the Services, provide us and our authorised employees and representatives with access to any premises under your control as required, provide us with all information required to perform the Services and obtain any necessary licences and consents (unless otherwise agreed).
- The customer is asked to advise a representative of London City Electricians the location of concealed water, gas, telephone or other services before work commences. In the absence of such advice we cannot accept any liability for damage to these services or any consequential damage. An installation is not to be considered as a replacement for adequate insurance against loss. It is advised that a copy of this specification be forwarded to the interested insurers.
- London City Electricians engineers take pride and care in their installations and endeavour, where possible, to conceal wires under carpets and floorboards but it must be understood that this is not always possible. Any request by the subscriber for the wiring to be concealed in the fabric of the building and not by normal means of using conduit /trucking is addition and will be charged for as extras to the installation.
- Failure to comply with the above is a Customer default which entitles us to suspend performance of the Services until you remedy it or if you fail to remedy it following our request, we can terminate the Contract with immediate effect on written notice to you.
Basis of Sale
- The description of the Services and any Goods in our website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Services or Goods.
- When an Order has been made, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay, which must be due to running out of stock or resources, a price or description mistake, inability to obtain your payment or other genuine and fair reason.
- A Contract will be formed for the Services ordered, only upon the Supplier’s written acceptance of the Order or, if earlier, the Supplier’s delivery of the Services to the Customer.
- Any quotation or estimate of Fees (as defined below) is valid for a maximum period of 10 days from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
- General (21.1) Acceptance of the Quotation includes acceptance of the following terms and conditions as well as any which may have been added in the system design specification, which may specifically override these Terms and Conditions of trading and will take precedence if necessary for purposes of interpretation. (21.2) Nothing in these Conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty and mis described goods. For further information about your statutory rights you can contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau. 21.3. Basis of Quotation for Installation (21.4) Installing work is to be done during normal working hours, i.e. Monday to Friday 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. (statutory holidays excepted). Any extension of such hours or period directly or indirectly caused by the Customer shall entitle the Installer to charge any reasonable extra costs resulting. (21.5) Variation or additional work ordered by the Customer shall be charged on the basis of reasonable time and materials at rates and costs current at the time of such work (unless separately agreed in writing prior to the variations/additional work starting). (21.6) Unless otherwise specifically agreed, the Quotation Price does not include any extraneous work, making good, re-decoration, carpet laying, building or carpentry work etc. and is contingent on engineers having unhindered access to doors, windows, cable runs and all other areas where work has to be carried out. (21.7) Any item of equipment not actually sold to the Customer shall be denoted as such in the system design specification and shall be subject to separate rental and/or maintenance terms as may be appropriate.
- Terms of Payment 22.1-Unless otherwise agreed, the specified deposit shall be due and payable by the Customer on acceptance of the Quotation. 22.2 The outstanding balance of the Quotation Price shall be due on completion of the Installation (“the Final Date for Payment”) and prior to handover of the DVR to the Customer. 22.3 The Installation shall remain the property of the Installer until all sums due and payable by virtue of this paragraph have been received by the Installer, but the Customer shall nevertheless at all times be responsible for loss of and damage to the Installation unless such loss and/or damage arises from the neglect of the Installer, its employees or agents.
- Completion The Installer will use its best endeavours to effect completion of the Installation by the agreed completion date but it cannot be held liable for any loss or damage resulting from delay or non delivery due to causes beyond its control. 23.1. Liability for Loss or Damage (23.2) The Installer does not know, and shall not be deemed to know, the true value of the Customer’s property or premises, and is not the insurer thereof. (23.3) Apart from death or personal injury, the aggregate liability of the Installer and its staff for any breach of contract, breach of statutory duty or negligence arising out of this contract, or presence at the Customers premises shall be limited to £ ,000,000 for any kind of loss or damage whatsoever. The Customer shall notify the Installer of any claims within 30 days of the occurrence giving grounds for such claims. (23.4) Although the Installation is designed to the best of the Installer’s skill and knowledge to reduce the risks of loss or damage or to deter intruders (as the case may be) the Installer does not represent or warrant that the Installation may not be neutralised, circumvented or otherwise rendered ineffective by the Customer, intruders or other unauthorised persons, and in such event it shall not be liable for direct or indirect loss or damage suffered by the Customer, intruders or other unauthorised persons. (iv) Computerised CCTV by its nature can be volatile and may subject to service interruptions beyond the Installer’s control; in such event CCTV Camera Europe shall not be liable for direct or indirect loss or damage suffered by the Customer, intruders or other unauthorised persons. (v) In view of the previous sub-paragraphs (23.1) to (23.4) inclusive, the Customer acknowledges that he, she or it should effect separate insurance cover.
- No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Services, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
- We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer where we, the Supplier and you the Customer, enter the Contract at any of the Supplier’s business premises, and where the Contract is not a contract (i) for which an offer was made by the Customer in the Supplier’s and the Customer’s simultaneous physical presence away from those premises, or (ii) made immediately after the Customer was personally and individually addressed in the Supplier’s and the Customer’s simultaneous physical presence away from those premises. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate to you and which might, in some way, be better for you, eg by giving cancellation rights pursuant to consumer protection law. Business premises means immovable retail premises where we carry on business on a permanent basis or, in the case of movable retail premises, on a usual basis.
Fees and Payment
- The fees (Fees) for each type of (if applicable) the Services, the price of any Goods (if not included in the Fees) and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out in our price list current at the date of the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing. Prices for Services may be calculated on a fixed fee or on a standard rate basis.
- Fees and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order, so that, if the rate of VAT increases before acceptance of the Order, we will only increase the Fees or charge by the amount of that increase if you agree, otherwise we must reject the Order and promptly inform you of this.
- You must pay in cash or by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Services.
- We will deliver the Services, including any Goods, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement:
- in the case of Services, within a reasonable time; and
- in the case of Goods, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is entered into.
- In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Services on time, you can require us to reduce the Fees or charges by an appropriate amount (including the right to receive a refund for anything already paid above the reduced amount). The amount of the reduction can, where appropriate, be up to the full amount of the Fees or charges.
- In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if:
- we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or
- after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
- If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract.
- If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods.
- If any Goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the Order for some of those Goods without also cancelling or rejecting the Order for the rest of them.
- We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channels Islands. If, however, we accept an Order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them.
- You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
- If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Services at the Delivery Location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
- The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
Risk and Title
- Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
- You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
Conformity and Guarantee
- We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
- Upon delivery, the Goods will:
- be of satisfactory quality;
- be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us, expressly or by implication, regardless of whether that is a purpose for which goods of that type are usually supplied (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
- conform to their description.
- It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
- We will supply the Services with reasonable skill and care.
- We will immediately, or within a reasonable time, give you the benefit of the free guarantee given by the manufacturer of the Goods. Details of the guarantee, including the name and address of the manufacturer, the duration and territorial scope of the guarantee, are set out in a schedule attached to the terms and conditions. This guarantee will take effect at the time the Goods are delivered, and will not reduce your legal rights.
- We will provide the following after-sales service: The installation labour will be guaranteed for 6 months subject to ware and tear and misuse of the goods and installation. If any Hardware or Software used for the install works is at fault, this will be replaced depending on the warranty. There will be a labour charge to re install the equimpent.
- In relation to the Services, anything we say or write to you, or anything someone else says or writes to you on our behalf, about us or about the Services, is a term of the Contract (which we must comply with) if you take it into account when deciding to enter this Contract, or when making any decision about the Services after entering into this Contract. Anything you take into account is subject to anything that qualified it and was said or written to you by us or on behalf of us on the same occasion, and any change to it that has been expressly agreed between us (before entering this Contract or later).
Duration, termination and suspension
- The Contract continues as long as it takes us to perform the Services.
- Either you or we may terminate the Contract or suspend the Services at any time by a written notice of termination or suspension to the other if that other:
- commits a serious breach, or series of breaches resulting in a serious breach, of the Contract and the breach either cannot be fixed or is not fixed within 30 days of the written notice; or
- is subject to any step towards its bankruptcy or liquidation.
- On termination of the Contract for any reason, any of our respective remaining rights and liabilities will not be affected.
Successors and our sub-contractors
- Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
- the party will advise the other properly as soon as reasonably practicable; and
- the party’s obligations will be extended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer’s above rights relating to delivery.
- We do not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier’s other legal obligations. Subject to this, we are not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to your business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer – because we believe you are not buying the Services and Goods wholly or mainly for your business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
- The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
- Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints as follows: If a dispute does occur. Before any issues are corrected, the materials cost used must be paid in full. The customer will be given a job ref number and must do in writing or email with 5 days. This will be investigated and an amicable conclusion will be reached.
Withdrawal and cancellation
- You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
- You can cancel the Contract except for any Goods which are made to your special requirements by telling us no later than 7 days after the Contract was made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without liability, except in that case, you must return to any of our business premises the Goods in undamaged condition at your expense. Then we must without delay refund to you the price for those Goods and Services which have been paid for in advance, but we can retain any separate delivery charge. This does not affect your rights when the reason for the cancellation is any defective Goods or Services.